Welcome to the blog of Paul Burkhart. Take a look around, read some posts, click some links, and please feel free to engage in the discussions. Be sure to check out the links above for more information.
For years now, I have described my place in the Christian family as a “Protesting Catholic“. I love Catholicism (by the way, Orthodoxy, I’m so sorry you are so frequently left out of these discussions–I’m as guilty of doing this as … Continue reading
As part of my seminary program, I’m currently in an Urban Church Planting class. As an assignment, I’m supposed to ask you all:
What are some things you wish you had known before planting, or things you wish you had done differently?
A penny for your thoughts? Please also include your church’s name and your position there.
- A Sermon I Got to Preach on Isaiah 61 [VIDEO]
- Congrats to the Women of the Church of England!
- Faith & Grace Alone: Job & the New Perspective on Paul| Job 9
- #Marginalia Weekly Round-Up #6 [Catch-Up]
- Is There No Rest for God’s Weary Ministers? | Mark 6
- Job’s Friends are Right! Job’s Friends are Wrong.| Job 8.5-7,20-22
- How Preaching Saved Me from Evangelicalism’s Bible
- Paul: The Second Coming of Jonah?
- Logos Bible Software & Evangelical Insecurity
- The Privilege of Holiness; The Holiness of Privilege
- Seminary & Ministry in the Post-Everything World
- Wolterstorff: the liturgy & worship of lament [quote]
- Fragments from a speech by Job| Selections of Job 6 & 7
- Jonah: a Children’s Story of Verbs