This week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge theme is “Happy“. The prompt they have offered us is to make a collage of those things that make us happy. So…here’s mine. Click on any of the pictures to bring up the full-size gallery.
- Jesus & the Cross: I feel I can’t answer this honestly without saying that The Gospel, as accomplished by Christ on the Cross, is the thing that brings me the most joy in this world. And I say that not as some corny platitude (like the Christians on Facebook that feel like they need to have The Bible as their favorite book, when it’s not); it is genuinely my greatest source of everything that brings me the most joy (even when it’s tough): depth, thought, meaning, and life.
- My Church: I love my church, liberti church center city.
- My City: Philadelphia (see more of my Philly love at my Philly Photoblog).
- Art: This is a picture of what is, perhaps, my favorite piece of art. It’s Mark Rothko’s Orange, Red, Yellow. For the longest time, this was at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, so I was able to see it and enjoy it frequently. The biggest tragedy of my past week, though, was when I found out that this piece was auctioned off to a private art collector for the largest price any contemporary art piece ever.
- Coffee: To anyone that knows me, this is no surprise.
- Beer: See the Coffee line above.
- Books/Writing: Surprisingly, I found out that I have no picture of books; just this picture of my Kindle, which I love. But don’t worry, I still love physical books as well. Also, any perusal of this site should make it clear I love writing as well.
- Autumn, Pipes, & Whiskey: There is nothing like a pipe on a cool autumn evening chased by amazing Rye Whiskey.
- My Lady (and some PBR): ‘Nuff said. (p.s. Just so we’re clear, this is the dramatic conclusion to the list, not the least important.)
See my past Weekly Photo Challenges here.
This is WordPress’ little plug for the Weekly Photo Challenges:
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.