I’ve got a new article up at Patrol Magazine. In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been doing a series on Holy Week all week (you can the relevant links below). The article is about a few different things. First, it’s about today being Maundy Thursday, the day of the Church calendar where we celebrate the Last Supper and the institution of the Eucharist. It’s also about my growth in a more liturgical context for church and love for the sacraments. Lastly, it’s about what bearing this has on our “selfhood” and how we look at the rest of the world.
For my Philly peeps, my church, Liberti: South Philly is joining with the other churches in the Liberti family for a combined Maundy Thursday service at the Fairmount location. The service will be at 7:30 at 19th & Girard Ave. It should be amazing. Also, don’t forget to attend a Good Friday service in your area. I hope you have a wonderful and beautiful Easter Triduum. Here are like-minded articles:
- On Palm Sunday (or, “Oh, the Glory, the Beauty, & the Tragedy of Being Human!”)
- On Holy Week, Idolatry, & Suicidal Ideations
- It’s that time of year again….Lent.
- Holy Day Meditations: Jesus Presented at the Temple
- Beauty: The Complete Series