It’s fairly straightforward. When enjoying a beer, simply open the app (or the web app for you Blackberry or Palm users), search for your beer, and “check-in” to it. At the bare minimum, this is it. But there’s much more you can do, if you like.
- Share your beer check-in on Facebook and Twitter as well, so your friends there can comment on your beer taste and such.
- Check-in on Foursquare wherever you’re enjoying the beer, so others can keep track of what bars have what beer available.
- Add tasting notes, reviews, and ratings along with your beer check-in so you can keep track of what you like and what you don’t. You the app will also keep a running list of your highest rated beers.
- Get full profiles for each beer and see where else in the world people are drinking that beer.
- The app will suggest other beers that taste similar.
- You can “follow” breweries to see what other beers they make, what new beers are coming out, and where you can find their beers.
- Add pictures to the check-in. This can sometimes lead to fun contests.
- You can keep a running Wishlist of beers you want to try.
- And.. you can get badges. If that’s your thing.