scripture readings for the week.
as the week progresses, check back here and click on the appropriate day for Prayer and Scripture text for that day
- Easter Sunday: Psalm 118 // Isaiah 25:6-9 // John 20:1-18
- Monday: Psalm 16 // Acts 2:14,22-32 // Matthew 28:9-15
- Tuesday: Psalm 33 // Acts 2:36-42 // John 20:11-18
- Wednesday: Psalm 105 // Acts 3:1-10 // Luke 24:13-35
- Thursday: Psalm 8 // Acts 3:11-26 // Luke 24:36-48
- Friday: Psalm 116 // Acts 4:1-12 // John 21:1-14
- Saturday: Psalm 145 // Acts 4:13-21 // Mark 16:9-15, 20
But he rose from the dead
and mounted up to the heights of heaven.
When the Lord had clothed himself with humanity,
and had suffered for the sake of the sufferer,
and had been bound for the sake of the imprisoned,
and had been judged for the sake of the condemned,
and buried for the sake of the one who was buried,
he rose up from the dead,
and cried with a loud voice:
“Who is he that contends with me?
Let him stand in opposition to me.
I set the condemned man free.
I gave the dead man life;
I raised up the one who had been entombed.
Who is my opponent?
I,” he says, “am the Christ.
I am the one who destroyed death,
and triumphed over the enemy,
and trampled Hades underfoot,
and bound the strong one,
and carried off man
to the heights of heaven.
I”, he says, “am the Christ.”
-Melito of Sardis, a sermon ca. 195 AD
more on the why and how of Lent here.