As you can see in the screenshot below, according to my profile on Klout, the website that monitors your “influence” online, I am by far more influential about moms than I am any other topic. A while ago, when “crazy home sex” was the main search term leading people to this site, I had a theory. This time, I’m absolutely stumped. Anyone else have any ideas?
[I know this article is obscenely long, considering the content, and incredibly random, considering this blog. But I just needed a place to vent my thoughts. And don’t worry, Part 3 of my little biographical sketch will be up in the next couple of days. In the meantime, you can catch up: Part 1, Part 2]
I recently purchased the “GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging and Hands-Free Capability” (yes, that’s its full name) and it has changed how I listen to music. It’s incredible and works just as advertised. It is able to take audio transmitted via Bluetooth wireless technology and then broadcast it over the radio in your car. So, long story short, it makes it possible to listen to music streaming onto your phone while driving. The most immediate benefit I’ve found for this is that I can now listen to Pandora while driving.
Of course, Pandora is the much-loved music discovery service where you make “stations” based on artists or individual tracks you like and it delivers songs that it thinks you would also enjoy. (You can view my Pandora profile here.) It has a really high success rate for nailing the sound you’re looking for. You’re then able to give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down to each song that plays, and it will use this to refine its offerings to you.
Hey blogosphere –
it’s been a little while since I posted anything and a while since I posted a really substantive post up here. Apologies. I have several articles in the works that I’m really excited about that I’m working on for both this blog and other places. The past couple of days I’ve been absolutely knocked out of commision by a stomach virus of some sort that has kept me perpetually near both my bathroom and bedroom. It’s been a long time since I’ve been this sick. So, if you’re the praying type, please do so for me. If not… well…. wish me luck? Here are the things that have been keeping me company as I’ve been sitting on the sidelines trying to survive:
- Simply Christian by N.T. Wright
- I’ve rediscovered the awesomeness of both the Huffington Post and Slate Magazine. I’ve been addicted to their articles for the past several days.
- The Roots of Doubt sermon series by Matt Chandler
- I’ve continued my not-so-secret-after-writing-this addiction with Mashable and Engadget.
- Any article I can find on the Google/China thing. I love Google.
- Counting the hours until the 24 premier. I really can’t wait. For any fans out there, you have to watch this video of Kiefer Sutherland on Letterman the other night.
- Lastly, strangely, I’ve been absolutely addicted to every update of this story. Speaking of, in case any of you were wondering: